Patient no AN08

BORN : 1952


My problems began after a bad fall in 1999. I slipped and fell down six flights of stairs in a friend’s home. I had been unable to break the fall because I had my purse in one hand and a bag in another hand. I fell hard on my behind. That night the pain the tingling in my legs and back were almost unbearable. After six months of doctor visits and tests, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.

I had my first Energy Cell treatment in Stockholm, Sweden, on May 14, 2002. I was an American living in Sweden at the time.

In the beginning my friends and family were fairly negative. They wanted me to continue the beta-interferon injection program my Swedish physician had suggested to treat my MS. They didn’t think I should venture into this Energy Cell Treatment or light therapy. I understood their concerns, but I trusted my instincts and generally respect Swedish scientists and researchers.

In the subsequent 18 months, I had 36 sessions with Ms. Johansson and her Energy Cell Treatment. I ate well and sleep well. My hair was thick, and my mood was very positive. I ceased to have any tingling in my arms, hands, torso, back, and legs.

In June 2002, I saw Dr. Brian Steingo, a neurologist in South Florida who took the brain MRI which showed some lesions, but I had only had three treatments with Ms. Johansson’s Energy Cell Treatment at that point. Meanwhile, I continued taking ECT treatments once a week for three months and returned to Florida in November 2002 for another scan, hoping for some definitive results. Dr. Steingo said my scan showed the disease had been stopped: There was no progression. Dr. Steingo said, “This is positive because you’re not taking any kind of medicine.”

Upon returning to Sweden, I told Susanne about my results. She shrugged and said, “Give it another six months, and take a new brain scan.” On June 5, 2003, I took the next MRI. Dr. Steingo said I only had one new, small lesion indicating an inflammation point on my brain stem. There were no other changes. Again, he said that was positive because I was not taking any medication.

Regarding the lesions, I decided to get a second opinion from another American neurologist in South Florida. I showed Dr. Willis Dickens my three different scans (May 2002, November 2002, and June 2003) and asked him his opinion of my state of health. He said: “Clinically, you are excellent. You do have appear to have one new lesion, but the others are the same or perhaps smaller. He said: “Keep doing what you are doing.”

While I had hoped for zero new lesions, I agreed with him that feeling completely well and having the ability to play a competitive game of tennis in 30C or 82F heat twice weekly in Florida wasn’t all bad. Tennis was not an option 18 months earlier. In my experience, Susanne Johansson is someone who can give new hope to MS sufferers.